Tuesday, July 25, 2006

The Fifth Element

I was going to write a long detailed post about my weekend: About how I went to see my parents in Bradford on Avon; how we went down to Wimborne to see my sister and her husband and my nieces and nephew; how we went to Wimborne Model village; how we went to Corfe Castle; how Barny the Jester was there; what a thunderstorm there was on Saturday; how I booked the train ticket with First Great Western.

I was also going to write about work: how the new guy who is going to replace me has just started today; how much he has to learn in the next week; how complicated my job in Application Support is.

I was also going to mention shopping and cooking for one; the trip to the supermarket; organic foods; my loathing of supermarket plastic bags; how I think we should introduce a tax on plastic bags, the same as the Irish have just done recently.

I could also have mentioned how I met up with an old friend I know from primary school at lunchtime and his work; how I got an email from The Bat about how she is looking for an apartment that is large enough for the two of us; how I visited three Korean estate agents websites and afterwards having to de-install three different Korean language programs that those sites managed to install on my PC.

But No. Thanks to that old timewaster TV, it's now gone midnight and I ended up watching a whole evening of TV. Starting with Grand Designs: Kevin McCloud and a very determined Scottish couple who converted a derelict shell into ... well I don't know as I missed the end; followed by Mastermind: Four individuals with some very specialized subjects; followed by University Challenge: well done to the Statisticians; followed by The Fifth Element, Bruce Willis saves the world again. Thanks to Film Four, new to Freeview as of today, for completely wasting my evening. It was too long to record onto a DVD, so I just had to watch it tonight.

Trust me, when people ask "What are you going to do out there?" I really don't think I am going to have a problem.

No comments: